Industry: Non-Profit Organization
Position: Unpaid internship
Duration: 2-6 months
Internship for Engineering, Science, Information Management, Journalism, Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, Film and other students.
If you are worried about greenhouse effects, rapid climate changes and do not want to pretend like many others that there is nothing like Kyoto Protocol, then this training position is exactly for assignment involves learning about and helping to educate Americans on issues of global warming, greenhouse gases, carbon dioxide capture and carbon sequestration.
You will be developing technical content and information for general public on these issues, post them for further spread to and deliver to various media outlets. You will also participate in civic and advocacy groups meetings engaged in these issues and "fight" peacefully this fight. While learning on local environmental problems, you will get better understanding of the consequences that in wider perspective influence all of us, globally.
List of main tasks:
- Research various carbon capturing designs and technologies;
- Get appropriate technical background on related issues;
- Study various environmental policies from global warming perspectives;
- Document your summarized findings to appropriate websites;
- Develop information materials for delivering your findings to general public;
- Advocate your positions during meetings with general public, advocacy groups as well as decision making bodies;
- Organize educational campaigns to raise awareness of global warming issues.